MAGICMOTORSPORT in the era of Industry 4.0
Since its inception, Magicmotorsport has operated with the conviction of developing automotive software solutions that make mechatronic’s work faster, safer and more efficient. So it’s natural that Magicmotorsport should be integrated into the Fourth Industrial Revolution, otherwise known as Industry 4.0.
Industry 4.0’s objective is to bring automation and smart technologies to traditional industrial practices. With a particular focus on new digital technologies that fall into these four design principles identified as integral.
- the ability of machines, devices, sensors, and people to connect and communicate with each other via the Internet of things, or the internet of people (IoP).
- the transparency afforded by Industry 4.0 technology provides operators with comprehensive information to inform decisions. Inter-connectivity allows operators to collect immense amounts of data and information from all points in the manufacturing process, identify key areas that can benefit from improvement to increase functionality.
- the technological facility of systems to assist humans in decision-making and problem-solving, and the ability to help humans with difficult or unsafe tasks.
- the ability of cyber physical systems to make decisions on their own and to perform their tasks as autonomously as possible. Only in the case of exceptions, interference, or conflicting goals, are tasks delegated to a higher level.
FLEX Technical Innovations
Enter Magicmotorsport’s FLEX automotive tool, which was born from the idea of creating a versatile instrument designed to facilitate and speed up the work in mechatronic workshops. Its innovative features, from a technological point of view, are:
- You can use an existing hardware communication channel, OBD socket, present on almost all cars to “easily” tune, reprogram, update or modify the software of numerous vehicle engine control units.
- You’re able to program at Bootloader level through JTAG, BDM interfaces, all mediated by the ICT world (embedded systems).
- Integrate with company information systems through open interfaces.
- In addition, FLEX facilitates professional tuners and enthusiasts to perform a high-caliber of work, due in large part to the uninterrupted on-line support of Magicmotorsport’s back-end service support team.
FLEX Components I
- FLEX hardware including an additional FlexBox for interfacing and controlling ECU’s.
- FLEX Software to be installed on the end customer’s server / PC.
- “Managed” software services provided by the MMS Data Farm (back-end).
With the users server/pc which has FLEX software installed, is connected to the internet via LAN and therefore to the MMS back-end support while simultaneously connected via wire to the FLEX hardware module. Communication is bidirectional, for all phases of the process (test, monitoring, provisioning, configuration…). The addressing is of the IP type.
FLEX is an excellent example of a device that facilitates and assists humans in decision making and problem solving, a device for “man-to-machine interaction and for the improvement of efficiency and workplace safety” in Industry 4.0 logic, it is a versatile tool designed to facilitate and accelerate the workflow in mechatronic workshops.
FLEX is dedicated to the world of tuning, repairing and programming of engine control units through the use of an intuitive user interface, interactive manuals and the support of Magicmotorsport’s back-end software services and Help Desk tools.
The innovation of FLEX
MAGICMOTORSPORT adheres to the 4.0 Transition Plan to offer its customers access to innovations related to the fourth industrial revolution. Largely attributed to its production and technological characteristics, FLEX is one of the «Devices for man-machine interaction and for the improvement of ergonomics and workplace safety in Industry 4.0 logic».
FLEX is dedicated to the world of tuning and repair of engine control units and automatic transmissions, designed with an intuitive user interface and interactive manuals, supported by MAGICMOTORSPORT’s back-end software services and Help Desk tools. FLEX is a versatile programming tool designed to facilitate and speed-up workflow in mechatronic workshops.
For tax exemption, please consult the tax regulator in your country of residence.